A career in veterinary assisting is a smart choice if you love being around animals and want a stable and good-paying job.
In Riverside, CA, for instance, veterinary assistants earn an average of $35,000+ annually.
Some even take home $40,000 or higher with more years, skills, education, and certifications.
If you think that veterinary assisting is for you, you should start looking for places where you can enroll in a veterinary assistant course now.
A veterinary assistant course will teach you the fundamentals of veterinary assisting, from animal care to front office duties.
Check out the veterinary assistant schools in Riverside, CA below to see your options.
American College of Healthcare and Technology
About the School
The American College of Healthcare and Technology is a learning institution that offers a wide range of health education programs.
Founded in 1993, they have developed specialized, industry-oriented curriculums that result in excellent training programs for career-minded students.
They aim to give their students a competitive edge in their chosen healthcare fields by providing access to quality education and training that maintains the highest standards.
They pride in their expert faculty members, who are dedicated to supporting and encouraging their students inside the classroom and even after graduation.
They are accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools and have 3 campus locations — Riverside, Huntington Park, and Santa Ana.
The Veterinary Assistant Program is a diploma program that teaches students the skills necessary to work in a veterinary office.
It trains how to assist veterinarians and veterinary technicians in performing everyday tasks.
It focuses on basic veterinary medicine skills, from animal nursing and care to veterinary anatomy, physiology, and pharmacology.
It also covers computer basics, office and hospital procedures, and billing.
Examples of veterinary assistant duties featured are:
- Feeding, bathing, exercising, and weighing animals
- Restraining animals during laboratory procedures and examinations
- Cleaning, disinfecting, and sterilizing kennels, operation rooms, and surgical equipment
- Assisting before, during, and after surgical procedures
- Monitoring and caring for animals post-surgery
- Assisting in providing emergency first aid to animals
- Collecting specimens for laboratory work and aiding in the analysis processes
- Giving medication or vaccinations to animals as prescribed by veterinarians
To enroll, applicants have to fulfill the following requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- A valid high school diploma or equivalent
- Interview with an admissions representative and tour the campus
- Accomplish all requisite forms in the admission packet
The full program takes 9 months to complete.
Address: 4181 Flat Rock Rd, Riverside, CA 92505, United States
Veterinary Assistant Schools by City in California
- Bakersfield, CA2 Schools
- Fresno, CA2 Schools
- Los Angeles, CA4 Schools
- Oakland, CA2 Schools
- Riverside, CA1 Schools
- Sacramento, CA3 Schools
- San Diego, CA3 Schools
- San Jose, CA2 Schools